Virginia National Ballet Policies 2018-19
- Register before Sep.1: $35 individual registration fee, or $50 family registration fee. After Sep. 1: $50 individual registration fee, $60 family registration fee.
- Monthly payments – (10) payments (Sept – June). Tuition (for the 2018-197 session) is a yearly fee; it is NOT based on a certain number of classes per month. Some months have 5 weeks, some have 4 weeks, some have only 2 weeks. Rather than figuring a different monthly amount each month depending on the number of weeks, we divide the YEAR (based on 36 weeks) into 10 equal installments, September through June. Payments may be made via Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, check or cash.
- Please refer to tuition table on website for tuition rates and any applicable discounts (pay in full or family discounts).
- Everyone who registers online is required to submit a credit card, and that card will be charged automatically for tuition payments, as well as any items you request to purchase (DVDs, etc.) That card will also be charged for recital fees if your child is participating in the Nutcracker or the Spring Recital. If you’re signed up for auto pay, it is your responsibility to keep your card information current via the portal. All declined charges requiring manual reprocessing by our office will incur a $5 administrative fee. For monthly payments that are not on auto-pay (checks or cash payments), there will be a $25 late fee for payments received after the 1st of each month. Timely payment is your responsibility and can be made in person, via mail or using the e-portal on the website.
- In the event of returned checks, there is a $35 bounce fee in addition to the face amount of the check.
- Although we try to be flexible and consider individual circumstances, if an account is not in good standing, we may not be able to allow your child to attend class until past due amounts are settled. All accounts MUST be in good standing in order to participate in the recital.
- Students are enrolled for the full session unless they officially withdraw by giving 2 months’ advance notice in writing. Withdrawals are not accepted via telephone. Notifying a teacher does not qualify as a withdrawal. After written notification of withdrawal is acknowledged by our office, you will be responsible for two months’ tuition payment, except when a physician’s note confirms an injury that prevents someone from doing physical activity. We do not offer credit or refunds for missed classes.
- No refunds are available for summer classes.
- We reserve the right to cancel any class not meeting minimum enrollment requirements — full refunds will be given in this case.
- Exceptions to refund policies may be made for active duty military personnel. Please call the office for additional information.
- Nutcracker Performance Fee: $75 for pre school classes. $100 for Level 1 and Level 2. $150 for Level 3, Level 4, and Level 5. This fee includes costume rental and costs incurred to hold necessary rehearsals.
- Spring Performance Fee: $75 per costume for purchases.
- Free lap tickets are available for toddlers under 2 years old. Performers receive discounted tickets for the spring recital. All other tickets must be purchased. There is no minimum requirement for purchased tickets or required fundraising.
- Please do your best to attend all classes. Class attendance will factor into casting and evaluations for placement into higher levels or Junior Company.
- Please arrive early for class. Try to drop off your child 15 minutes beforehand to give them time to prepare and be ready for class on time.
- Late arrival disrupts the class. The child may still join in, but must warm up sufficiently beforehand.
- Please try to attend as many of your scheduled classes as possible to keep up with the rest of the class. If we offer the same class on an alternate day of the week, you are welcome to take a make-up class at your convenience. Make-ups cannot be carried over into different sessions or school years, and there is no refund or prorated tuition offered if a student misses a class.
- No chewing gum allowed anywhere inside the building.
- Please do not feed children in the waiting room…it leaves crumbs on the sofa.
- Headphones must be used in waiting areas (for people listening to music or playing games on electronic devices.)
- Students must wear the proper class attire, with hair in a neat bun.
- Students and parents must be polite, friendly, respectful, and positive.
- No drugs or alcohol allowed anywhere near the premises.
- Parents must read emails sent by Virginia National Ballet to be properly informed.
- Inclement weather closings will be announced by 2 pm on the day of inclement weather. We do not follow PWCS.
- Withdrawals require one month’s written notice.
- All of these policies and more can also be found in the Parent Handbook on our website.